Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Reading
It has been a while since I have had a random thought but here goes. I have been reading since I was six years old . I love to read I will read any and everything ? I have encouraged my children to read they way my mother did me (Sadly only 1 of my children read on a daily basis) Here is my Question and my thought . Urban novel are not liturture it is a bunnch of junk reading . Why do we read it? ( I am so guilty )when I dont have anything to read I will pick up 1 with the quickness Everyone says you read that book that fast yes because its junk . Lets encourage our children to read stories like War of the words , to kill a mocking bird stories with substance . These kids think they can be the next scarface reading urban novels . Shout out to Julia Press Simmons for making uban novel worh reading